West Yorkshire Police Federation Holiday Home
A four bedroomed detached property situated in the quiet village of Burniston, 3 miles north of Scarborough.
The property has been recently renovated and sleeps up to eight people, with 1 king sized bedroom and 1 twin bedroom on the ground floor and 1 king sized bedroom and 1 twin room on the first floor. The property has a large living room with fire and large screen television, there is a well-equipped dining kitchen with a large table. There is a house bathroom (ground floor) with shower over bath, basin & toilet and a separate shower room (first floor) with basin and toilet. The property also has a fully enclosed garden with a grassed area and decking. An ideal holiday base for couples or families.
- Electricity, Gas, bed linen and towels all included
- Large Screen Freeview TV
- Blu-Ray / DVD Player
- Broadband Internet
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Separate Fridge & Freezer
- Enclosed garden with seating
- Travel cot (Bedding not provided)
- High chair
- Child Safety Gates
- Large Charcoal barbecue (Fuel is not provided)
- Sufficient parking for 3 cars
- No smoking
The property can be let
Friday to Monday (3 nights) - See Booking Conditions / Process
Monday to Friday (4 nights) - See Booking Conditions / Process
Subject to availability a 7 day booking may also be available, excluding school holiday periods.
Booking Conditions / Process
From 1st June 2018
The property can be let Monday – Friday, Friday – Monday
Low Season – November, December, January, February and March £250
Mid Season – April, May, September and October £300
High Season – June, July and August £350
Christmas and New Year 7 day booking – £550
- The Holiday Property is ONLY available for couples and families. No Group bookings are permitted.
- The Holiday Property is ONLY available to subscribing West Yorkshire Police Federation members & their families. The member must be resident in the house, during the full term of the booking.
- Bookings can be made via the Federation Office either;- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01924 295495
– By phone to 01924 295495 (Between 1000 hrs & 1400 hrs Mon to Fri only)
– To book via email, please look at the availability calendar, select the dates you would like, and email email@example.com. If the dates are available, and you are eligible to book, you will be sent a booking form with details how to pay.
- Once payment has been made the booking will be “confirmed” and is non-refundable. Payment can be made by Cash, Bacs transfer, or Debit/Credit Card at the Federation Office. Please note we no longer accept cheques.
- Once confirmed further details in relation to key collection will be provided.
- From 1st May 2018, you will be required to provide a £30 refundable deposit when you are collecting a key and / or Visitor Information Pack. Unfortunately this has become necessary due to unreported damage, lost or non-returned keys and properties being left in an unacceptable manner.
- You will need to collect a key or information pack in person from the Federation Office, at which time a £30 deposit will be required. You can pay either by cash, debit card or credit card. We can no longer accept cheque for deposits or payments.
- If the key is not returned within 7 days of your departure date, you will forfeit part of the deposit and may not be permitted to book any property in the future.
- If you return the key out of office hours, via our letterbox. Payment will be returned via the original payment method or bacs transfer. Please leave your name and contact details (email / phone number) so we can contact you.
- Please note, we cannot be held responsible for keys not received if these have been posted back to the office via Royal Mail or internal post.
- If you are visiting a Bowland Fell property, you will not need to re-attend at the Federation Office. If you are leaving your deposit in cash, we will request your bank details and re-credit your account directly, once the property has been checked.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Booking may be made up to 12 months in advance only.
- In the interest of fairness, if a member (or partner) has booked either holiday home in the preceding 24 months, priority will be given to other members.
- Officers currently on suspension are unable to book.