Men’s Health Week – Police Mutual
Date of Event - 14/06/2021
Wellbeing and health are topics that are often over-looked by men.
Did you know:
- 1 man in 5 dies before age 65.
- 2 men in 5 die before age 75.
- A waist over 37 inches puts you at increased risk of many serious health conditions.
- You can have a NHS health check from age 40.
- Women live longer than men.
- Just over three-quarters of suicides (76%) are male.
- Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 49.
- Men between the ages of 18 and 44 are less likely to go see a doctor than women.
- Relationship breakdown and financial worries are more likely for men to lead to suicide.
- Men are nearly three times more likely than women to become alcohol dependent.
- Men are more likely to use (and die from) illegal drugs.
- Men are less likely to access psychological therapies than women.
- When men do use therapy, it is at the point of crisis.
- 87% of rough sleepers are men.
It is vital that men start to feel more comfortable talking about their health and wellbeing.
View the full Mens Health Week PDF
All appointments are held at the Federation office or virtually; however, if the appointments we offer do not suit you then alternative arrangements can be made with the companies.
As there is limited parking at the Federation Office, there are a number of other places you can park nearby:
- On the road opposite the Federation Office between 10am – 2pm.
- College Grove Sports Ground, opposite the Federation Office (collect a token from the Federation Office to park there for free).
See all Events